Política de Privacidade
What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
What information we collect about you
How we use information we collect
How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- Other important privacy information
- How to request data deletion
When we refer to "Evenfy," "we," or "us" in this policy, we mean Deeds Serviços Online Ltda., which controls the information Evenfy collects when you use the Services. Evenfy offers collaborative tools, including our web, desktop, and mobile products, which help you organize shared expenses and communicate with others.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, join an event via shared link, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services.
- Content you provide through our products: The Services include the Evenfy website and mobile products you use, where we collect and store content that you send, receive and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Content also includes the files and links you upload to the Services. Examples of content we collect and store include: files you attach to an expense, the name of an event, expenses, descriptions of expenses, events and messages you send to event members.
- Content you provide through our websites: The Services also include our websites owned or operated by us. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests and events.
- Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; the events, expenses other links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the Services. We also collect information about the event members and how you interact with them, like who you collaborate with and communicate with most frequently.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from other Service users, from third party services, from Facebook, and from our business and channel partners.
- Other users of the Services: Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, another user may invite you to join the Services via email invitation, or a event member may upload content about you to an expense or event. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services.
- Evenfy Partners: We work with a global network of partners who provide consulting, implementation, training and other services around our products. Some of these partners also help us to market and promote our products, generate leads for us, and resell our products. We receive information from these partners, such as billing information, billing and technical contact information, company name, what products you have purchased or may be interested in, evaluation information you have provided, what events you have attended, and what country you are in.
- Other partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services. For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you to other Service users. Our Services also include tailored features that personalize your experience, enhance your productivity, and improve your ability to collaborate effectively with others by automatically analyzing the activities of your group to provide search results, activity feeds, notifications, connections and recommendations that are most relevant for you. We may use your email domain to infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry to personalize the content and experience you receive on our websites.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. Depending on your settings, we send you email notifications when you or others interact on the Services, for example, when you are added to an event. We also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us. For example, certain actions you take in the Services may automatically trigger a feature or third-party app suggestion within the Services that would make that task easier. We also send you communications as you onboard to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under "Opt-out of communications."
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How we share information we collect
We make collaboration tools, and we want them to work well for you. This means sharing information through the Services and with certain third parties. We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
- For collaboration: You can create events and expenses, which may contain information about you, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you select. Some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content. For example, when you comment on an event, we display your profile picture and name next to your comments so that other users with access to the event understand who made the comment. Similarly, when you join an event, your name, profile picture and contact information and will be displayed in a list for other team members so they can find and interact with you.
- Community Forums: Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs, forums, bug trackers. You should be aware that any information you provide in these websites - including profile information associated with the account you use to post the information - may be read, collected, and used by any member of the public who accesses websites. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you input into these Services. To request removal of your information from publicly accessible websites operated by us, please contact us as provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Third-Party apps: You or other Service users may choose to add new functionality or change the behavior of the Services by enabling third party apps within the Services. Doing so may give third-party apps access to your account and information about you like your name and email address, and any content you choose to use in connection with those apps.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The Services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Evenfy, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- Information you share on the Services: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow event members or other users to make full use of the Services.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information, to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account.
For all requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
- Delete your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove content that contains information about you using editing tools associated with that content and you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings. Please note, you will continue to receive generic ads.
- Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
How to request data deletion
For requesting data deletion, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data deletion request”.
Other important privacy information
Your information is controlled by Deeds Serviços Online Ltda. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please do not hesitate to contact us.